This 35-minute webinar provides participants with basic knowledge and a fundamental understanding of UL testing services and certification requirements for Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs). This webinar was developed to assist both new and existing stakeholders in the PFD industry with understanding UL’s certification offerings for PFDs in partnership with the United States Coast Guard (USCG), as well as understanding the tests and follow-up requirements for the various performance and buoyancy types of PFDs. As this industry continues to grow and evolve to increase the PFD wear rate and provide innovative new products, UL aims to be the source of technical knowledge and resource for the industry.
Participants will gain a general overview of UL, UL’s relationship with the United States Coast Guard (USCG) and other Authorities, the importance of PFDs, PFD constructions, and UL’s product type certification. An overview of certification requirements for construction, testing, and performance of PFDs in accordance with the applicable UL Standards will be discussed.
- What is a Personal Flotation Device (PFD)?
- Types of PFDs
- PFD statistics as related to wear
- UL’s certification offerings
- PFD Markings
- In-water performance, PFD evaluations and testing
- Mechanical PFD testing
- PFD Factory Inspections
- Follow-Up Service Testing and Examinations
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should:
- Understand the relationship between UL and the USCG
- Understand UL’s Certification Offerings for PFDs, including markings
- Understand the performance and buoyancy types for PFDs
- Understand the basic mechanical and in-water performance testing requirements
- Understand the PFD Factory Inspection process and the UL Field Representative’s Role in inspections
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.