This seminar will be held in English language. The course materials are in English language.
This workshop is an introductory overview or refresher of hazardous locations basics. You will learn the terminology associated with hazardous locations, including Classes, Divisions, Zones, Groups, temperature classifications, and area classifications. An introduction to each of the protection concepts used to design equipment is provided. Installation requirements for North America are covered and compared to typical international requirements. The myriad of product markings and certifications are reviewed and explained in detail, including North American Listings, ATEX Certifications, IECEx System and more.
Click here to see the Hazardous Locations Bundle (including this course).
The topics covered in this course are:
- How areas become classified and why hazardous locations are classified
- The terminology associated with area classifications, including Classes, Groups, Divisions, Zone, temperature classes, protection methods, and more.
- Examples of area classifications.
- North American and international protection techniques for Divisions and Zones
- How to select the appropriate standard to meet certification requirements
- What products need to be certified and how to work with third parties to obtain those certifications.
- Wiring methods and other installation concerns covered by the NEC ®, CEC and basic international requirements
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.