This program provides a detailed look at the requirements of Chapter 7 of the 2015 International Building Code (IBC) for perimeter fire containment. The program starts with a discussion of the intent behind fire-resistance-rated construction, and why it is necessary to protect breaches in rated construction. It then continues with a detailed discussion of perimeter fire containment, including the code requirements, the referenced standards, the testing process, and the available method of demonstrating code compliance.
- Fire-resistance-rated construction
- Fire Code Requirements
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the intent and purpose behind fire resistive construction
- Describe the impact that openings have on fire-resistance-rated construction
- Summarize the code requirements, the referenced standards, and the testing procedures relating to perimeter fire containment
- Navigate UL’s Fire Resistance Directory and Online Certifications Directory in order to identify listed products and assemblies which demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the 2015 International Building Code
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.