- Industrial control equipment designers and engineers
- Users of industrial control equipment
- Industrial control panel designers and engineers
- Distributors, representatives and retrofitters for industrial control panels
- Regulatory compliance engineers
- Sales and marketing staff associated with the control and power distribution industries
John Kovacik, Principal Engineer/Corporate Fellow, is UL’s Primary Designated Engineer (PDE) for industrial control equipment; components and assemblies including control panels and industrial machinery. His primary responsibilities are driving consistency, integrity and engineering quality in the establishment and application of UL product certification requirements.
John’s 42-year career with UL includes many years of experience with codes and standards. He represents UL on a number of technical committees covering a broad range of subjects for NFPA, NEMA and the IEC. This includes membership as UL’s principal representative on the NFPA 20 Committee for Stationary Fire Pumps and the NFPA 79 Committee for Industrial Machinery. He serves as the Technical Advisor for the U.S. National Committee Technical Advisory Group for IEC/SC 121A.
John is UL’s Principal member on the National Electrical Code (NEC®) Correlating Committee and is responsible for coordinating UL's participation in NEC activities. He is also a member of NEC Code Panels 12 and 13.
John is a Corporate Fellow of UL’s William Henry Merrill Society, has received the IEC 1906 Award, the NFPA Committee Service Award, the NFPA Richard G. Biermann Award and is an NFPA Life Member.