UL’s Additive Manufacturing (AM) Economics training teaches you how to benefit from the many advantages AM has to offer. Utilizing a series of real-world technical and business case studies, this two and a half day, instructor-led curriculum addresses the following industry challenges:
- Costs and investments for engineering, man hours and materials
- Level of accuracy and speed of machines with larger build volume
- Quality and safety
- Communication protocols and legal clarity
- Education and Training for both operators and AM designers
Case study content contributors include, Local Motors (US), LayerWise (Belgium), Croft Filters, (UK), ASML (Netherlands), Materialise (Belgium), 3D Hubs (Netherlands), and Additively (Switzerland), and others. Berenschot, a leading European consulting firm with a recognized AM practice, contributed to the development of this course.
For questions on the course or to register by phone please call our local 3D Printing contact, Edison Lian at +65-9734-4855.
This course is intended for senior engineers, engineering management, executives, or investors who want to quantitatively analyze the economics of the AM supply chain as well as justify and monitor different types of investments in the AM industry.
Students must either complete the general prerequisites below OR meet the alternate prerequisites and have their employer (or other credible organization) attest to their experience. Alternate prerequisite submissions must be made at time of registration OR one month prior to course date. Please use the Alternate Prerequisite template below to submit your information. Any clarifications to the listed experience will be handled directly with the student.
Click here to view and download a copy of the Alternate Prerequisite form.
- Completion of Tier I Foundations of 3D Printing Workshop & Industry Showcase (or equivalent)
- Suggested but not required completion of Design for Additive Manufacturing – Part I: Fundamentals of AM Designs
- At least 2 years of professional or production-level experience with additive and traditional manufacturing technology (or equivalent)
- Working understanding of the key elements of the AM supply chain
- Ability to identify the different machine and material technologies and their most suitable applications
- Ability to describe the general benefits and limitations of the technology
- Basic knowledge of the general 3d printing process from design to quality assurance
- Ability to describe the key safety and quality considerations in 3D printing
- Familiarity with software design tools (e.g. CAD)
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Upon completion of this course students will receive a certificate of completion. Students who have completed the course will also be eligible to complete a proficiency exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, students will receive a certificate of proficiency which will be required for UL’s additive manufacturing professional certification program.
The course exam is administered online and will be available at any time following the completion of the course. Students will have up to 2 years to complete the exam after successful completion of the course.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
Cancellation occurring two (2) weeks prior to the course date will be billed for twenty-five percent (25%) of the total registration amount. Rescheduling occurring two (2) weeks prior to the course date will be billed an additional ten percent (10%) of the total registration amount.
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.