Introduction to the Basic Requirements of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70®, 2017 Ed.)
This seminar will be held in English language. The course materials are in English language.
This one-day workshop will provide you with the basic knowledge of the 2017 National Electrical Code NEC® which is key for electrical installations in the USA and many other areas of the world. This course will include a basic overview of the major changes in the National Electrical Code for the 2017 cycle and the impact on installations.
- Fundamentals of the Regulatory System
- Organization of the NEC
- Scope of the NEC
- General requirements for all electrical installations
- Understanding service, feeder and branch circuits
- Overcurrent protection
- Grounding and bonding
- Wiring methods
- Equipment for general use
- Use of cords and cables
- Temporary installations
- Requirements for special equipment
- Low voltage and limited energy circuits
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the equipment, locations and conditions covered by the NEC
- Explain the format and structure of the NEC
- Define the “core requirements” of the NEC
- Explain the relationship between the NEC and UL
- Determine the relationship between the NEC and the requirements in UL Standards
- Apply key elements of the requirements in the NEC to Listed products and installations of wiring methods/equipment
This course is relevant to the installation of products in the following categories:
Factory Automation Equipment
Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Wiring Methods (Cord and Plug connectors, Terminal Blocks)
Fans and Ventilators
Commercial Appliances (Coffee Makers, Commercial Cooking, Vending Machines, Commercial Refrigerators…)
Luminaires and Lighting
For more participants or special discounts, please contact UL at ULKnowledgeServices.EU@ul.com
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.
There are no available classes for this course. If you're interested in taking this course, you can click the 'I'm Interested' button below.