This course is intended for senior engineers, engineering management, executives, or investors who want to quantitatively analyze the economics of the AM supply chain as well as justify and monitor different types of investments in the AM industry.
Students must either complete the general prerequisites below OR meet the alternate prerequisites and have their employer (or other credible organization) attest to their experience. Alternate prerequisite submissions must be made at time of registration OR one month prior to course date. Please use the Alternate Prerequisite template below to submit your information. Any clarifications to the listed experience will be handled directly with the student.
Click here to view and download a copy of the Alternate Prerequisite form.
- Completion of Tier I Foundations of 3D Printing Workshop & Industry Showcase (or equivalent)
- Suggested but not required completion of Design for Additive Manufacturing – Part I: Fundamentals of AM Designs
- At least 2 years of professional or production-level experience with additive and traditional manufacturing technology (or equivalent)
- Working understanding of the key elements of the AM supply chain
- Ability to identify the different machine and material technologies and their most suitable applications
- Ability to describe the general benefits and limitations of the technology
- Basic knowledge of the general 3d printing process from design to quality assurance
- Ability to describe the key safety and quality considerations in 3D printing
- Familiarity with software design tools (e.g. CAD)
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Upon completion of this course students will receive a certificate of completion. Students who have completed the course will also be eligible to complete a proficiency exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, students will receive a certificate of proficiency which will be required for UL’s additive manufacturing professional certification program.
The course exam is administered online and will be available at any time following the completion of the course. Students will have up to 2 years to complete the exam after successful completion of the course.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
Cancellation occurring one (1) month prior to the course date will be billed for twenty-five percent (25%) of the total registration amount. Rescheduling occurring one (1) month prior to the course date will be billed an additional ten percent (10%) of the total registration amount.
To see Singapore class dates, click here.
Contact us for group discount options.
For non-US course offerings, contact us for payment in local currency.