This course is intended for professional designers, practicing engineers, and skilled technicians who want to understand how to design parts using AM.
It is recommended that students taking this course have met the following prerequisites
- Completion of UL Foundations of 3D Printing (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of professional or production-level experience with additive and traditional manufacturing technology (or equivalent)
- Working understanding of the key elements of the AM supply chain
- Ability to identify the different machine and material technologies and their most suitable applications
- Ability to describe the general benefits and limitations of the technology
- Basic knowledge of the general 3d printing process from design to quality assurance
- Ability to describe the key safety and quality considerations in 3D printing
- Familiarity with software design tools (e.g. CAD)
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Upon completion of this course students will receive a
certificate of completion. Students who have completed the course will also be
eligible to complete a proficiency exams  Fundamentals of AM Designs and  Design Strategies for AM. Upon successful completion of the
exams, students will receive a certificate of proficiency which will be required
for UL’s additive manufacturing professional certification program.
The course exams are administered online and will be available at
any time following the completion of the course. Students will have up to 2
years to complete the exams after successful completion of the course.
This course is also available via Tele-presence. Tele-presence is a method of training delivery that leverages the power of technology against geographic challenges and travel expenses without sacrificing the group dynamic that makes training so effective. Please contact us at AdditiveManufacturing@ul.com if you will be joining via Tele-presence.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
Cancellation occurring one (1) month prior to the course date will be billed for twenty-five percent (25%) of the total registration amount. Rescheduling occurring one (1) month prior to the course date will be billed an additional ten percent (10%) of the total registration amount.
Contact us for group discount options.
For non-US course offerings, contact us for payment in local currency.