This self-paced, 64 minute web-based training program provides photovoltaic (PV) module manufactures, installers, authorities having jurisdiction, and design professionals with the requirements of UL Standard 2703 for mounting systems, mounting devices, clamping/retention devices and grounding and bonding lugs for use with flat-plate photovoltaic modules and panels, to achieve safe, code compliant installations.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to paraphrase the differences between an outline of investigation and an ANSI standard, explain the need for evaluation of rack mounting systems with specific models of PV modules, discuss construction criteria with particular emphasis on corrosion prevention and device clamping requirements, explain the need for using recognized component plastics, state the need for fire testing, and generalize the testing and sampling requirements.
- Explain the current status of 2703 as an Outline of Investigation (OOI) and the path that 2703 will take to become an ANSI recognized UL Standard
- The scope of what 2703 does and does not cover
- Explanation of why rack mounting systems are always evaluated for use with specific PV module(s)
- Construction, corrosion and dissimilar metals
- Clamping devices and Clamping forces
- General construction requirements
- General plastic requirements
- Grounding, grounding devices, and bonding
- Testing requirements, as they relate to 2703
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.