The introduction of new Article 409 for Industrial Control Panels in the 2005 Edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) drew increased attention to installations of Industrial Control Panels (ICPs). Industrial Control Panels with the UL Mark are installable to the NEC requirements and have a distinct competitive edge in the marketplace.
This comprehensive on-demand eLearning course focuses on how to construct General Use Industrial Control Panels in accordance with the Standard for Industrial Control Panels, UL 508A, 2nd Edition. This training also provides useful instruction for accessing the UL.com website, understanding UL’s Product Category system and utilizing the UL’s on-line Product Directory Information to locate components which are UL Listed and Recognized. The final module provides detailed information regarding how to initiate and complete a UL Listing certification as an ICP manufacturer and earn the authorization to apply UL Listing Marks to completed ICPs.
Requirements relating to specific use ICPs, such as Industrial Machinery Control, Crane Control, Elevator Control and others covered in Sections 65 – 91 of UL 508A are not covered in this “General Use” course.
This course is broken into approximately 1 hour training modules each with a skills test.
*Non UL customers may purchase the UL 508A Standard by visiting www.comm-2000.com.
* Course modules are available for 90 days from the registration/purchase date.
- UL 508A General Use ICP construction Sections 7-17
- Rating and Marking requirements Sections 49-61
- Enclosure construction requirements, Sections 18-27, 62, 63, and 64
- Power Circuit requirements, Sections 28 – 36
- Control Circuit requirements, Sections 37-48
- Specific Component requirements, Sections SA 1-3
- Short Circuit Current Rating requirements, Supplement SB1-SB5
- Standards for Components Appendix A and Use of Components Not UL Listed or Recognized in ICPs, Appendix B.
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.