This self-paced, web-based training program provides learners with an overview of root cause analysis methodology and techniques. The learners will gain an appreciation for the need to identify the root cause to prevent problems from recurring and be introduced to a four step approach for addressing root causes. Common barriers to effectively deal with root causes are explored; solutions to those barriers are suggested.
Root Cause Analysis is presented as a four-step process. In the first Step, Form and Focus the Team, techniques to start up a team and understand the problem at hand are covered. In Step 2, Find the Root Cause, the role of chains of causes with the use of investigative techniques to construct a solid data trail leading to the root cause is covered. In the third Step, Fix the Root Cause, decisions matrices to evaluate potential solutions and select a robust, sustainable solution are explored. Step 4, Finalize Solutions, covers actions to ensure the gains are held. The course concludes with 10 common barriers to effectively address root causes with solutions to overcome those barriers.
System requirements include:
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows-7 through Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Browser: IE-6 or higher, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari Most recent versions of all.
- Audio capability including speakers or headphone is required.
- What constitutes a root cause?
- The need for fact-based decision making.
- How to use a Problem Statement to focus the team.
- Use of Cause and Effect relations and the Five-Whys (plus other investigative tools) to identify the root cause.
- Techniques to determine if a solution candidate is practical, feasible and cost-effective.
- How to leverage root cause gains
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.