This curriculum consists of a series of courses that cover the basic UL Listing Program for Signs, the basic safety requirements in UL 48 that apply to all signs, and the specific requirements in UL 48 that apply to select types of signs, such as neon, LED, fluorescent, incandescent, and HID. This curriculum is designed for training of electric sign designers, engineers, specifiers, construction and assembly staff, and installers.
Completion of the curriculum will fulfill the basic qualification requirements for being designated as a Manufacturer's Technical Representative (MTR) in the updated UL sign certification program.
Below is a list of the modules covered in this curriculum. Each module will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.*
- UL 48 Electric Sign Requirements Overview
- General Requirements for Supply Connections and Wiring
- General Requirements for Enclosures, Openings and Spacings
- General Requirements for Grounding and Bonding
- General Requirements for Specific Installation Locations, Resistance to Moisture and Drain Openings
- General Requirements for Marking
- General Requirements for Section Signs
- General Requirements for Sign Components
- LED Sign Requirements
- Neon Sign Requirements
- Fluorescent Sign Requirements
- Incandescent Sign Requirements
- HID Sign Requirements
*This curriculum is self-paced so you may start and stop each module at any time without having to start over from the beginning of each module.
- Individuals to be designated as an MTR
- Sign designers
- Production inspectors
- Staff responsible for procurement of sign components and materials
- Commercial Electric sign specifiers
- Electric sign installers
For questions related to the Signs UL 48 online curriculum such as troubleshooting and discounts that may apply, please contact:
UL Knowledge Services
For questions related to the Signs UL 48 Listing Program, please contact:
UL Customer Service
877.854.3577, option # 3
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.