In this comprehensive one-day workshop, you will learn about the latest requirements in the UL Standard 844 for UL certification of luminaires and luminaire fittings for hazardous (classified) locations. The UL 844 Standard covers the construction and test requirements for the following luminaire types intended for installation and use in hazardous (classified) locations, Class I, Divisions 1 and 2, Groups A, B, C and D; Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F and G; Class II, Division 2, Groups F and G; and Class III, Divisions 1 and 2 in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70:
- Fixed and permanently installed luminaires
- Portable luminaires
- Paint spray booth luminaires
- Emergency luminaries
Each participant will receive a workbook, a copy of UL Hazardous Locations Services poster, and a copy of UL 844 Standard.
- Introduction to hazardous locations per NEC ® (NFPA 70)
- Explosion-proof and dust-ignition-proof protection methods for Division 1
- Protection methods for Division 2
- Luminaire types (HID, fluorescent, incandescent, quartz, induction, LED, etc.)
- Construction and performance (tests) requirements based on the protection method
- Wiring methods and systems
- UL type services and luminaire product categories
- Certification standards for ordinary and hazardous locations luminaires
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.