This three-day technical training course will give you an in-depth exposure to UL’s Functional Safety Standards: UL 991 and ANSI/UL 1998. This course teaches how to effectively use the standards in a product’s design phase, which is critical to its certification and acceptance. During the course, the concepts covered by the standards will be applied to a cross-industry technology topic, highlighting the fact that different standards used in different industries use different metrics for assessing / testing functional safety in such applications. Day one will consist of a general overview of the standards and will cover Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) techniques, the environmental stress test program, and other topics of UL 991. Days two and three will focus on the embedded software requirements of ANSI/UL 1998.
The following topics will be covered in the workshop, which are similar to a variety of other standards having functional safety requirements (e.g. UL 60730-1 Annex H, IEC 60335-1, IEC 61508, ISO 13849, etc.):
- Overview of functional safety
- UL 991:
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Environmental stress tests, including EMC immunity
- Computational investigation and demonstrated method
- Follow-up program
- ANSI/UL 1998:
- Risk analysis and microelectronic hardware considerations
- Process definition
- Qualification of development tools and Off-the-Shelf (OTS) software
- Software design and partitioning
- Product and user interfaces
- Software verification, validation and testing
- Configuration management and maintenance
- Review the UL process steps for functional safety certification
|Click here for terms and conditions...
UL Knowledge Services workshops are designed for and intended to serve individuals using and relying upon UL services. UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to limit workshop attendance strictly to the foregoing. In addition, UL Knowledge Services reserves the right to change, reschedule or cancel any workshop at any time. UL shall not be responsible for any consequential or other losses resulting from the cancellation or postponement of this workshop such as airline and other travel/personal expenses.
UL Knowledge Services accepts the following forms of payment for registration: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Invoice/PO. Please note that Invoice/PO is not accepted for online courses.