This seminar will be held in English language. The course materials are in English language.
The introduction of the new Article 409 for Industrial Control Panels in the 2005 edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) drew increased attention to installations of industrial control panels. Industrial control panels (ICPs) with the UL Mark are installable to the NEC and have a distinct competitive edge in the marketplace.
The workshop focuses on how to construct general use industrial control panels in accordance with the Standard for Industrial Control Panels, UL 508A, 3rd Edition. It covers UL 508A, general use ICP construction, power circuit, control circuit, rating and marking requirements, sections 1-61; enclosure construction requirements, sections 62-64; standards for components, Appendix A; use of non-UL components, Appendix B; and component usage, Supplement SA online.
The second day includes instructions on how to establish short-circuit ratings for individual industrial control panels in accordance with the requirements outlined in the new Standard for Industrial Control Panels, UL 508A, 3rd Edition, Supplement SB. This supplement is the only method specifically noted as being recognized by the NEC in Article 409.
Each participant will receive a participant workbook and a copy of the UL 508A Standard ($897 USD value).
- Introduction to industrial control panels
- Development of UL 508A
- Project categories & UL directory information
- UL's certification program for industrial control panels
- General requirements for all panels
- Construction requirements for enclosed panels
- Power circuits
- Control circuits
- Ratings and markings
- Industrial control panel enclosures
- Annex A- Standards for components
- Annex B - Use of non-UL components
- Supplement SA - Component usage
- Supplement SB - Short circuit current ratings for panels