This two-hour course will help electrical system installers complete the trouble-free installation of Arc-Fault Circuit-Interrupter (AFCI) circuit breakers. It also describes what they should do in the unlikely event that unwanted tripping should occur. Proper installation will result in fewer electrical fires started as a result of low level arcing, contributing to greater safety for those who live in the homes that have AFCI circuit breakers installed in them. It will also reduce call-backs, resulting in more satisfied homeowners.
This course is intended for anyone who installs electrical systems in residences, whether they are single, multifamily or apartment buildings—in other words, anywhere the use of AFCI circuit breakers are required by the National Electrical Code.
- Product knowledge
- Code requirements
- Wire routing and installation
- How to install an AFCI circuit breaker
- How to install wiring devices and hard wired equipment
- Perform a final system test
- How to troubleshoot
- Installing AFCIs in existing homes
- Success stories and additional resources