In this one-hour on-demand webinar you will learn how the internationally harmonized UL 61058-1 defines the same level of safety as UL 1054, while providing global market access. Highlights of the national differences included in the standard are covered, as are details of differences that may impact switch construction.
The new standard for appliance switches, is designed to keep pace with industry innovations, and will completely replace the old standard (UL 1054) by 2015. Understanding how the differences impact testing, equipment and follow up helps manufacturers create a transition plan for their catalog of switches. The webinar will discuss equipment used for witness testing and changes to follow up testing. Participants will leave understanding how construction variables, declared by the manufacturer can impact a product’s test program.
- What is the harmonized UL 61058-1 Standard
- A quick tour of the standard requirements
- How the differences between the legacy UL 1054 Standard and the new UL 61058 Standard will impact your switch
- Will my old witness test equipment comply with the new UL 61058-1?
- Will my follow-up testing change?
- What you need to know about declarations and classifications for UL 61058-1